1. Marina Bay
If you want to be astounded by fabulous skylines, rooftop pools, world-class hotels, restaurants and high quality entertainment, Marina Bay is your place to be!
If you are visiting the city for the first time and want to make the best out of your experience there, Marina Bay is definitely a must-visit and the best location to stay in Singapore! This is one of the city’s most famous and desirable neighborhoods!
It is located right in the heart of the city and you may have already seen epic pictures of its skyline in magazines and travel guides. You will have everything your heart desires there: from top quality restaurants and bars to shops, casinos, pools and amazing views over the city!
Some of the must-do’s while you’re there include taking a picture on top of the Sands SkyPark, visiting the ArtScience Museum, going to Merlion Park where you can see the symbol of Singapore – a half-lion, half-fish statue called “Merlion”, and, of course, paying a visit to the world-famous Gardens by the Bay!
NOTE: With the exception of Marina Bay Sands Hotel (the one with the famous infinity pool), the most recognized hotel of the country, the rest of the hotels I am recommending are in the surrounding area, as close to Marina Bay as possible.
NOTE #2: Another iconic hotel in Singapore is Raffles Hotel, which unfortunately is closed for restoration and will open in 2019. Regardless if you stay there or not, you should definitely at least pass by it, as it preserves a piece of Singapore’s history. The hotel was opened in 1887 and is one of the few 19th century hotels in the world that are still open.
Again, as this is one of the most famous areas of the city, the rooms are selling out ultra-fast, so make sure to book yours as soon as you can.
Here is my list of hotels in Singapore, Marina Bay that I recommend:
Luxury (170$ and up)
- Marina Bay Sands is iconic and one of the top hotels in Singapore considered even a symbol of the city! You will be impressed by its superb infinity pool, 20 restaurant options, and cool casino. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous and it provides all the facilities you may need to feel like a real queen/king during your stay in Singapore.
- The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore is another 5-star hotel located in this beautiful area of the city and one of the best luxury hotels in Singapore! This great accommodation also has a rooftop pool and a bar where you can relax and admire the beautiful view over the city. With big windows and luxury facilities, I am sure this hotel will be the perfect choice for your stay in Marina Bay!
Middle-priced (between 110 – 170$)
- Robinson Suites is a nice middle-priced option for people who wish to stay in this superb area of Singapore. This accommodation is located only 300 m away from Marina Bay Link Mall and it awaits you with free Wi-Fi, clean rooms and a nice kitchen and seating area.
- Robinson Condo is my second recommendation because of the tidy and well-decorated rooms. Although it’s a simple apartment hotel, this place offers free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV, a nice garden and even a cool outdoor pool! Perfect for a pleasant stay in Singapore for a good value.
Budget (between 50 – 110$)
Because Marina Bay is such a luxurious destination, it is a bit hard to find budget accommodations in the area – but still not impossible! Here are 2 options with great reviews for travelers that are visiting this city on a tight budget:
- ZEN Hostel Clarke Quay is a nice budget accommodation that offers tidy, air-conditioned rooms and shared bathrooms. If you choose to stay here, you will be close to many restaurants and attractions in Singapore and you won’t be far from Marina Bay either.
- Champion Hotel City is another great choice for travelers on a tight budget. This hotel is only 400m away from the Riverside, so you will get to Marina Bay in no time. All rooms come with private bathrooms, flat-screen TVs, kettle, free Wi-Fi and more.